Pages

Monday, December 8, 2014

Christmas Treat Extravaganza





One of my favorite Christmas traditions is making homemade sweets and treats for my family. There are some recipes I mix up every year that surprise and delight their taste-buds . While others steal the show and are expected. Honestly these recipes are gathered from online using All Recipes and Pinterest but I think you will enjoy. This year will be a little different because I'll have some gluten free recipes, diabetic friendly recipes, and sweet and savory recipes.

Adult Treats:
Buckeyes (A peanutbutter truffle dipped in chocolate)
Oatmeal Cookies w/ Cranraisens and White Chocolate (I use cranraisins instead of raisins and add white chocolate. You can add anything to oatmeal cookies. It's just like Christmas bark have fun!)
Christmas Crack
Sweetened Pecans

Children:
Rice Krispies dipped in icing I use the original recipe and melt white chocolates. Once chocolate is melted I make two smaller balls and mix in red and green food coloring. I sprinkle the red and green over the white. 
Buckeyes
Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies
Christmas Crack

Diabetic Friendly:
Oatmeal Cookies
I use Splenda as a substitute and leave out the white chocolate 
Sweetened Pecans
Chocolate Candy Clusters 
Chocolate Chip Cookies

Gluten Free:
When buying all the ingredients for Christmas this year I made sure to pick up Gluten Free cereals, peanut butter, marshmellows, and chocolate. Kellog's has a variety of cereals that are gluten free. Just make sure you pick up the right box. Always read the labels. Food Lion also specializes in Gluten Free with condiments (extra side note). Make sure to check your seasoning, salt, and every item you use. I typically bake everything separate or only the gluten free items first so not to contaminate their food with gluten by accident. I also do this for the diabetic treats. 
Hersheys Chocolate 

Buck Eyes
Candy Clusters (marshmallows, pecans, chocolate)
Gluten Free Brownies 
Sweetened Pecans.












No comments:

Post a Comment