Pages

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Wedding: My Favorite Tips




Hi everyone, I wanted to apologize for my lack of post on Monday and Tuesday.  So much has occurred from getting married to my grandfather coming home from the nursing home. Today I wanted to share some pictures and my favorite tips. Over the next few Wednesdays I will cover all things wedding. Enjoy!



  1. Write down your wedding budget and double that number. Honestly we had a $1000 budget at the beginning then we easily surpassed that after buying my dress, food, and  covering various expenses.
  2. I had a lot of people willing to help make our wedding a success. I stuck to my guns because I wanted everyone to have an opportunity to help out. I focused on what their talents and skills were and from there I assigned task.
  3. Going along with #2,when picking your bridal party make sure you pick folks that are going to be there for you when times get critical or hectic. During my rehearsal I had a panic attack (b/c I have social anxiety) and my bridesmaids with my parents and fiance’ worked together to get me back to the hotel room and relax. Also just keeping me focused.
  4. A lot of people are going to want to put their input in regarding your day. Just know they love you and just want to help out. Know when to set healthy loving boundaries and that your wedding day is all about you and your husband.

  5. Try and make your centerpieces from scratch as much as you can. If you're not that crafty have someone in your wedding party or family that is. My in-laws are very crafty along with a few of my bridesmaids.
  6. Order your table clothes online it’s cheaper than having to rent them. Use placemats instead of overlays sometimes that comes out cheaper. I had burlap placemats that cost 100 bucks for 70.
  7. Utilize Facebook's wedding yardsale groups for buying or selling.
  8. If you are a plus-sized bride make sure you get a photographer that knows how to photograph you and you feel comfortable around. Shout out to Morris Productions they were amazing an amazing team and  fueled each others creativity.  
  9. Buy your flowers online, I know your thinking how in the world but I ordered these amazing dried lavender and wheat flowers from Etsy. Instead of paying over a $1000 I paid $240 and received 600 stems of lavender, 7 bridesmaid bouquets and my bouquet. They smelled amazing and fit my vintage theme.  Also I got my babies breath from Lowes foods for $42. (12 bushels)
  10. If you have no money for your honeymoon wait till after the reception and if need be book your honeymoon for a later date.
  11. If you don't have a wedding planner delegate someone to be the official announcer to help guide wedding guest and plan your walk down the aisle. TRUST ME!!! Also let all parties know about this individual ahead of time. (Preacher, Wedding Party, Family..ect)

  12. Be prepared for your timeline from engagement to wedding to be skewed. We had a had a lot of circumstances happen that were out of our control. From designing the engagement ring to engagement photos.
  13. Engagement photos, we were supposed to have them professionally done then I got sick, Matthew could not get off work, then we had no more free time. So my bridesmaid took the photos and I used PicMonkey to photoshop and edit. It worked and I think they came out pretty good.
  14. Be prepared for more guest to come. We sent our RSVP’s with stamps, yet over half of our guest list did not respond back. I thought maybe...40 would come if that and we ended up with 55-60 guest overall
  15. If you have introverted family members on both sides of your family, do some assigned seating. I wanted our families to mingle and not just sit with folks they already knew. I'm happy they were able to get to know one another. Although be prepared for people not to follow assigned seating. At the end of the day you will be happy you're married and have the love of your life sitting next to you.
  16. Find a church you really don't have to decorate to much. 


No comments:

Post a Comment