Pages

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Beloved...

 

1 John 3:2 "My beloved, we are God's children now; what we will be has not yet been revealed. What we do know is this: when he is revealed, we will be like him, for we will see him as he is."

How beautifully this verse opens up, “My beloved, we are God’s children now!” Too often we wait eagerly with anticipation hungry for Christ return. When all along there is a nation before us eagerly waiting to be loved, listened too, crying out for help, needing an eternal home.  It’s never been enough to fully understand and acknowledge what our faith system is built upon and more readily what it consist of. The greater element that God want’s us to understand is that we believe in such a way that we do something about it. God’s love requires action!

The beautiful element here is the power that comes behind being a child of God. John 14:12 says “Very truly, I tell you, the one who believes in me will also do the works that I do and, in fact, will do greater works than these, because I am going to the Father.” What I get from this scripture today is “What can I do by waiting around for His return? When I have the power to do greater things than He if I believe in Him and help others around me.”

By having the power to do greater things than Christ we as believers have the power to bring Heaven to Earth. Sharing the love of Christ does not always require pushing scripture down someones throat, although scripture is vitally important in helping us grow in our understanding of God and helps us have a dialog. Christ want’s us out there helping others, whether it's putting a smile on someones face, community service, meeting someone new, and becoming a friend. By your actions the kingdom of God will be seen more vibrantly and beautifully than your own words can express. 

No comments:

Post a Comment