Pages

Thursday, November 20, 2014

Favorite Things: Secret Six


Today I have treat for you. While, most of you come here for the food, faith, and fashion; I am also a colossal nerd and love comic books. So in honor of my mini-honeymoon with my husband at NC Comic-con, I am going to write about my favorite comic book.  Just to make those of you who are not aware, I don't care much for those sissy heroes but am in love with the diabolical villains. Who so often steal the story out from under the feet of those heroes. More specifically I love stories of villains that come together to form a team for a common interest. The team I am talking about is the Secret Six. This is a team of a rotating  roster of villains that are highly trained mercenaries, with only one goal in mind, getting paid. This team began in 1968 and closed in 1969 after nearly every member died but was reestablished two more times in 2006 and 2008.  This motley crew of villains received their orders from a mysterious figured code name Mockingbird. Who is this Mockingbird? None of them know but all assume it is one of the other five members. All together this is one of my favorite teams and in total span three volumes and forty-nine issues.  Ranked 4th best comic of the decade and houses some of my favorite villains

No comments:

Post a Comment