Pages

Monday, December 1, 2014

My Favorite Chili Recipe

Hi everyone! Hope you had a great Thanksgiving holiday and enjoyed your travels. Matthew and I had a small Thanksgiving dinner on Wednesday and hit the open road to visit loved ones on Thursday. I'm thankful for these moments especially snuggling up with my nieces and nephews whenever the opportunity allows. On another note this weekend was the beginning of Advent. I love our church and the congregation, they take so much effort in helping the community and enjoyed celebrating Christ birth and presenting the "Hanging of the Greens." I wish I could load all the pictures from our visit to our first Christmas tree but I wanted to share a few. Enjoy the pictures and the recipe it's a go to when we want comfort on a cold and relaxed day

Ingredients
2 lbs ground beef, turkey, or chicken
1/2 onion, chopped
1 green bell pepper
1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
1 (14.5) can of diced tomatoes
1 can of diced green chilies
1 Large can of kidney beans (optional if you're on a low carb diet)
1 14 1/2 ounce can beef broth (or half a 32-ounce box)
2 tablespoons of sugar
1/2 cup chili powder
3 tablespoons of minced garlic
2 Tablespoons cumin
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper, optional
1/2 tsp black pepper


Saute onion, bell pepper, and garlic in a large pot over medium heat. Once onions are translucent add ground beef. Drain and rinse once meat is browned, and return meat to stock pot Add remaining ingredients and simmer at least 2 hours on stove top.

I typically have hash-browns or a pot of rice cooking. I love pouring the chili over-top and adding cheese with sour cream. Matthew and I love this recipe because it’s even better served as leftovers. I would definitely suggest making this on a cold day when you can stay inside and watch Netflix.






No comments:

Post a Comment